Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Too Sick To Preach

Last Thursday I began to have symptoms of a stomach virus which I thought would be of the 24 hour variety. It turned into about a 4-5 day bout with fever, body aches, and all sorts of symptoms. My stomach just now seems to be returning to normal and my energy level is still a bit off. The worst thing is that I missed my preaching appointments last weekend. I was to teach a class(two) at a Youth Rally at 9th Avenue Church of Christ in Haleyville on Saturday. Believe it or not, this was the first time in 32 years of preaching that Susan and I can remember I ever missed an out of town appointment, and only about the 3rd or 4th time that I missed a regular Sunday. God has blessed me with good health, far better than I deserve. I really missed you Sylvan Springs folks Sunday, but appreciate Bro. Spivey and Marty for filling in.
On a positive note, it did get me off to a good start on my diet that I had been planning for the New Year. But I hope I don't lose any more weight that way!!!

2 comments: