Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Passing of Ma Pounds

I am saddened this morning to learn of the death of Ma Pounds(Lois Pounds Black) this morning about 5:20 a.m. All of my family and our camp family will miss her, though we rejoice that she was a faithful soldier of the cross and know that she is so much better off now. I am reminded of so many good times that we had. She was a student in my grandmother, Bess Courington's, Bible class and often told me of that experience. My first ICYC camp memory of her is at the creek clearing off land about the year the camp opened. She always came to my camp session to teach the kids with her Dorcas clothes for the corncob dolls she would make, her scrolls, etc. She broke her hip during my camp week and had to teach her class before leaving to go to the doctor! She would come to hear me preach every chance she got and was always far more complimentary that I deserved.
She was dear to all of us who knew her.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:42 PM

    She will surely be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if I ever formally met Ms. Pounds, but I sure have heard plenty of her. I know everyone will miss her very much.

    ReplyDelete