Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Camp On My Mind

Camp on my mind? This may seem to be a strange post for January, 16th, but tomorrow it will only be be 5 months until(Lord willing) I will direct another week at Indian Creek Youth Camp, June 17th, 2007. I don't know exactly how many camp sessions this will make that I have directed, but it is more than 25. It will be the 35th summer that I have been to camp at ICYC.
Actually, camp never gets too far from my mind. About 50 of us Sylvan Springs Church of Christ folks are going to ICYC this weekend for Survivor Weekend. If it turns out to be as cold as earlier predicted, the name may really mean what it says.
But also, Brian Gentle called me today to asked about setting up our display for Challenge Youth Conference. Thanks Brian, for your work for ICYC. If you have an interest in ICYC, your help is needed to promote the camp, as well. We now have it ready to rent year round. And also, though our numbers have been good, we want to come closer to filling it up each week.
Also, Gayla Bradford called me today to tell me that Kevin had the week of June 17 for his vacation and they are coming to camp this summer. Good help is hard to find, especially men counselors, so this is always good news.
Camp never gets old, just better. I got to go to Exposure Camp with our youth the week of Christmas. What a joy to be with all of those young people as they learn more about Jesus and learn more about the joy of being around other Christians. How sweet heaven will be!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:47 PM

    cant wait

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really looking forward to this weekend and to our week in June- my favorite week of the entire year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait. What an exhausting, wonderful week. I am so thankful that our children have inherited the "camp gene"- I know the next generation is going to be just as camp crazy!

    ReplyDelete