Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Polishing The Pulpit

It was hard for me to believe that it had been this long since I posted something. I used almost every spare minute last week going to Polishing The Pulpit at the BJCC. In case you are unfamiliar, this program was put together Allen Webster of the Jacksonville Church of Christ. He is the one who does such a wonderful work with House To House/Heart To Heart. It started out being mainly for preachers, but has expanded far beyond that with classes for elders, ladies, youth workers, etc. I have attended several different lectureships/seminars that were good but I think it was the best series that I've been to. If you know me, you know that the abstract has little appeal to me- keep it simple and practical. Though there were some of the "best of the best" speakers, it was practical from beginning to end. This was my first time to go, but I hope it won't be the last.
I guess the most memorable speaker to me was Bro. George Bailey. I have heard him preach a few times before, but at age 85 he is remarkable. Oh, if I could just preach one sermon like him, without a bumble or wasted word. Marvelous!

1 comment:

  1. I, too, enjoyed my visit to Polishing the Pulpit. I wish I could have gone to more!

    ReplyDelete