Thursday, February 21, 2008

Vanity Plates- New Level of "Stupit"?

"Stupit" is as "stupit" does. In case you are wondering, "stupit" is just one class above "stupid". I have long lamented the practice of some of my fellow Alabamians who lay out $50 for a specialized license plate that spells something that no one understands. It seems too much to me to spend $50 for a War Eagle or a Roll Tide. But to pay $50 for "RolTid" and "WrEgle". Give me a break. That $50 will buy the wife and I 2 trips to Logan's for a small steak or if we stretch it, 3 trips to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Better yet, it would feed several hungry children or clothe one or two at a thrift store. But now some of those oil rich Arabs have topped the "stupitity" of my cousins and friends in Alabama. The United Arab Emirates started auctioning off licence plates last May. A guy by the name of "Saeed Khouri" bought the plate carrying the single digit "1". He remarked, "I bought it because it's the best number,I bought it because I want to be the best in the world." The price?
$14 million dollars! No, in my opinion he ain't "stupit", he's "stupid," and then some.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:31 AM

    they are called VANITY plates for a reason, their VAIN.
    charles shepherd

    ReplyDelete