Sunday, October 04, 2009

My Fair One

Hi,
Sorry I haven't posted much lately. It has been a busy month but I have been doing most of my posting on Facebook. I like to write a poem now and again. I know most of them are not the best literary works, but they are from the heart and my way of expressing some things that I want to say. This one was to my dear wife, Susan. She always, amazes, encourages, and strengthens me. I sent it to her and she gave her permission to put it online. My advice would be not to send it to someone, rather to write your own and send it to someone. They may not think it is that good, but they will probably not tell you that and will appreciate the effort.

My Fair One
If I could gaze the earth twice o’er,
To see the best God had in store,
I’d never see in all this sphere,
One as fair, as the one who is here.

No one whose heart is quite as pure,
As she who lives within my door,
Not one as true to the one she chose,
As my sweetest, vibrant, rarest rose.

Her beauty outward, none could doubt,
But seeing within, is more than out,
This kind of handsomeness can’t be found,
In many a glamorous one around.

If my years were thousands, instead of tens,
And I had an infinite, looking lens,
That could peek across the ocean wide,
One more fair, I could not find.

She’s the best there is, no equal will be,
And she’s right here, beside of me.
The days spent here, may I always savor,
How blessed am I with His constant favor.

To My Susan with Love, David
10/2/09

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:25 PM

    David Courington you made me tear up and it wasn't even for me!!! LOL!!! I love the fourth stanza...is that what you call them...stanzas??? Very creative and I know Susan loved it!

    ReplyDelete