Monday, May 11, 2009

Bandit On The Lose Again


Hard to believe I haven't blogged in so long. Well, a good way to start catching up is to revisit an old topic. One of the first things I wrote on this blog was about Bandit, our Border Collie, getting lose and having to chase him down. He stays in the back yard in a fence, so when he gets out he is a wild buck. Friday the A/C repairman came and had to get in the back yard. Bandit was penned up on the poarch for his visit. The repairman told me to turn the air on and when I went inside, in spite of my best efforts, Bandit slipped past me and off to the races. He marked the entire area first, then went back and forth running as fast as he could. He would not even pay attention to me calling him. I think I saw a grin on his face as he looked at me standing there with my rope. I knew he would wear me down, so I decided on wearing him down instead, chasing him on the lawnmower. He went to three houses, that had dogs. He took a trip down the middle of Shady Grove Road(busy highway) as if he owned it. Then he settled in at a house that had a fence with at lease 10 ankle biter dogs. He circled the fence several times, with all the littly yappers following him around on the inside. This included a stretch right through these folks newly planted garden. The lady came out of the house in her gown and was very kind. She grinned too, as Bandit circled the house and I kept trying to get him to come to me, to no avail. After a while she walked out into the yard and said, "Come here, Bandit" and he went right to her. She held him for me til I could get the rope on his collar. I walked him home, then went back to get my mower. Whew. Never let anyone tell you that dogs are loyal to their masters. I feed him every day, water him, pet him, buy him dog biscuits and treats and what do I get- heartache. He's a good dog!

1 comment:

  1. Leslie McGuirk4:19 PM

    I was about to ask if you rode your mower down Shady Grove Road. THAT I would have wanted video on... :0

    ReplyDelete