Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Bargain Shopping- What Would You Do?

I love to find a bargain. Last week I found a John Deere lawn mower at Lowes(Wildwood) for a great price. The salesman said it had not been sold, but had a minor repair. We found that the flap assembly(where the grass comes out of the mower) was missing and I asked him if they would get me one. While waiting for him to see, another salesman told me that they would surely get me the part. The salesman then told me the dept. manager said they would not. I got agravated and decided not to buy the incomplete mower. Upon further reflection, I decided it was too good a buy to pass up. I went back the next morning and the mower was gone, but a similar one next to it was still there, missing the flap assembly that it had the day before. They sold the mower I wanted to someone else that same day, with the part from another mower. I am sure I will not get any satisfaction out of this, but do you think I should pursue it with the general manager? Since everbody is always calling such unfairness discrimination of one kind or another, maybe it was "fat boy" discrimination, or perhaps "preacher discrimination", or maybe even a "gray hair" bias. Think I should sue them? Any lawyers our there?

1 comment:

  1. "Preacher discrimination" hahahha

    Just think of the movement you could get started if it was preacher discrimination! :)

    ReplyDelete