Thursday, March 08, 2007

Not Dead Yet

It is hard to believe that it has been almost a month since I have posted anything. I thought the last few weeks would be calm, but alas, the nearly chaotic took over again. Last week we had a gospel meeting with my old college roommate Bill Ward. He did a fantastic job but got sick and I had to preach on Tuesday. I think almost half the church has been sick with a bad stomach virus over the last 2 weeks. Most of our family has had it, but Susan and I have escaped thus far.
But I did not escape another of my "abcessed tooth-root canal episodes" that started last Friday.
I was very happy and smiling again after having 2 bridges put in over the last month. But one of the teeth one of the bridges went bad. It always seems to happen on Friday. It was Monday before I could get the endontist, Dr. Chris McCallum for a root canal. He is a mess. He talks to you like Donald Duck while working on you. Talk about adding insult to injury. I told him that he was even crazier than my regular dentist, Shane Roberts. He said that was a compliment. Really, both of these fellows are fine people. All of the pain isn't gone yet, but it is much better.
I had a chance to go to Faulkner Univ. on Tuesday. It was a chamber of commerce day in Montgomery. My fondest memories of Faulkner are of walking around the campus in a daze in the springtime when I was dating my forever sweetheart, Susan. Those were the days--- as well as these.
What a shocker on Wednesday night at church to find out that Brian and Tina Maddox are expecting. They only have one child, Sydney, a 13 yr. old. We are excited for you guys! Super!
Well, I better go and see Dr. Gerald. I have an appointment this afternoon for a shot for a rotator cuff problem that is keeping me up nights. I am afraid that a "little arthroscopic surgery" is soon to follow. I have to get my pitching arm fixed so I can play ball with Addi. We are going to practice with her tomorrow and she is about as pumped as a 4 year old can get for softball. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment