Monday, March 03, 2008

Weight Loss Helps

Since I broached the weight loss subject with someone else's article, I will give a few tips of my own. I have lost a lot of weight in my time. Unfortunately, I have gained back more. But one bright spot that I read some time ago is that every time you fail, you learn something new that puts you closer to success. That sounds good anyway. I have found a few things recently that have made it easier for me, so maybe they will help you. If you have some tips, leave them as a comment.

It is common to hear, "Eat Breakfast," but until recently, I have not heeded it much. One reason is that it is often inconvenient to fix something. 2 things have helped. One is whole grain cereal. When I eat granola or another whole grain type, I am less hungry later on in the day. Another is those delicious Quaker Oatmeal to Go bars. They are really moist and tasty. Great with a cup of coffee.

I have always liked vegetables but again, it is not always simple to prepare them for a quick meal. In comes the Bird's Eye "SteamFresh" line of microwave vegetables(We have tried some others that were not as good). Nothing could be simpler, they are very low calorie, and delicious.

Need a sweet snack? I have tried a lot of granola/grain bars that were supposed to be good for you, but they were not very good. Fiber One bars(I have tried Caramel and Chocolate) are unbelievably tasty. They are only 140 calories, so if you have a sweet tooth, indulge.

Grilled Zuccini is great. We have a little indoor electric grill that does a good job with it.

Salads are sometimes a great choice, but you have to watch the add-ons, especially the dressing. I got a side salad at McDonald's the other day and they gave me 2 small packets of blue chesse dressing. I could not believe they were 180 calories each(and calories do count, whether you count them or not!) 2 packets of that is a meal by itself. But now for my favorite. It didn't even sound good to me the first time I tried it, but Ken's Lite Raspberry Vinagrette is fantastic. Try it and see.

Happy Dieting!(And that is what it is and always will be. Those sophisticated, too highly educated folks who tell you that it is not a diet, but an eating plan, are off the mark. What you eat is your diet. That is why they call people who specialize in such things dieticians.)

2 comments:

  1. In response to your questionairre...
    1. The one thing our camp week really needs more of is_"The Purple Soup Song" and whistles.
    2. If I was director, I would or WOULD NOTt Wear those silly hats.
    3. My favorite activity is __talking about the silly hats.
    4. My least favorite activity is ___Showering___________.
    5. We need to require bicycle helmets at all time for the safety of the kids.


    I will fill this out for real later--- I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will "AMEN" every food you talked about except the FiberOne bars. I've just never tried them. But the other stuff is low-cal and delish!
    Even though, as I was told lately, the 100 calorie packs aren't great diet food, they're still a good way to stay on track. You get to "cheat" a little by eating something that's a no-no, but you're only eating 100 calories worth and then you're done. No big bag of cookies or whatever else to try to resist. Moderation is the key! :D

    ReplyDelete