Friday, March 28, 2008

Yum,Yum

Dale Jenkins blog has a good discussion of the best places to eat. I know I don't need to be reading it, and have threatened to boycott. He mentioned the KFC at Hamilton, AL that has a buffet and it is fine. Also, Brooksies in Jackson,TN. which I have tried and it is good. Here are my 5-

1)Dale's Southern Grill in Birmingham on Hwy 31 just below the Galleria. The most extensive menu I have seen. They are moderately priced and have so many good things. The most recent I tried was pecan encrusted trout. I love the bran muffins and carrot souffle. It is like a dessert.
2)Big Bob Gibson in Decatur- the bbq- the white sauce is wonderful(and available at Walmart) Susan and I went last week while she was out of school. We are dieting so we decided we would split a BBQ filled potato. Believe me, both of us had plenty.
3)Fish Market in Birmingham(My all time favorite.)the fish- most any kind- Lemon Pepper Amberjack, grilled Mahi-Mahi, grilled redfish magic, shark steak- my mouth is watering and I am not even hungry.
4)Niki's West- Bham-the vegetables. One of the most unlikely locations for a successful restaurant in the world- but it continues to be a favorite of so many.
5)GW's Steakhouse in Hueytown-Bacon cheesburger- This is an old place that has recently been refurbed and was the Iceberg which was a haunt of all the Nascar guys. They have a great meat and 3, but that bacon cheesburger is unreal.

What are your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. I like Dale's. We ate there Friday and Saturday night this weekend! I also like a place called Crowe's in Troy and Brundidge, AL. The chicken fingers are delicious and the sauce is different from places around here and it's yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a place in Homewood called OutTakes! It is a little pricey but the Swiss Almond Chicken Salad & Pasta Pesto - so good!

    ReplyDelete