Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Did I Start A Family Feud

From Calm To Chaos
It was great to have much of the family over for Labor Day. Paul cooked some fantastic hamburgers while I went to get Mom and Dad. Everyone seemed to have a great time, but at the end of the day I helped contribute to one of life's great mysteries. That is, "What happens to a person between the time they are a parent and they become a grandparent?" I first began to ponder this years ago when I spanked one of my children at a family gathering and my grandfather began to cry out loud, said he couldn't stand it, and went outside on the porch.
As the Kelseys were about to leave last night, Addi came in and ask me in the way only a grandaughter can, "'Namps, can I borrow this and take it home with me?" In her hand was an old bugle that I got at a flea market for a couple of bucks. I told her that I wanted it back and asked her how long she wanted to borrow it. At age 3, Addi always has a ready answer and her reply was "Six Days." The question is, "Six days from now will Paul and Kim still love me?"

4 comments:

  1. Drum set, large annoying bunny rabbits, and now a bugle. Just remember, I can always borrow Susan's car keys again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you forgot to mention that you told her, "You HAVE to practice AT LEAST 30 minutes every day." You're not funny.
    We still love you though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh heh. Way to go David. I am glad to know that you give more annoying toys than I do. I have tried to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! What happened to your blog format?

    ReplyDelete