Saturday, September 09, 2006

I Say No To "Fried Green Beans"

One of the dieters best friends has to be green beans. As I recall, they have 20 something calories in a whole cup. And in spite of my dear daughter's hatred of all beans(Will she ever grow out of it?), they taste great! Even with some seasoning thrown in, they don't have many calories. And now, TGI Friday is advertising a new appetizer- Fried Green Beans. The ad shows them coated with some kind of breading, and dipped in something(I don't know what it is, but I guarantee it is fattening. This may be the best new food item since the invention of ketchup, but I am just saying no.
I like broiled shrimp, but fried is better. Grilled catfish is great, but fried is finer. Why is nothing as good as fried? And now, for the safe and Weight Watcher approved green bean, to be fried. I am just not going to try it. Pass the french fries, please.

4 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed reading your blog! aren't you the slightest bit curious on the taste of fried green beans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not very appetizing. What will they fry next, butter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has to be the most disgusting thing I've ever heard of....I think I'll go vomit now. And no, I don't think I'll ever grow out of it. I tried a green bean just a few months ago, just to see, and they are just as I remembered them....gross. I think your next post should have something to do with "Flea from immorality..."
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:40 PM

    I had them and let me tell ya, delicious!

    ReplyDelete