Wednesday, September 13, 2006

"I Think You Have Fleas"

Can you imagine my daughter Kim's shock when her new doctor examined her and then seriously remarked, "I think you have fleas." I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall. Well, no, Kim doesn't have fleas but she did kid me about them after last Sunday night. My sermon was about staying far from sin, instead of seeing how close you can get to it. I illustrated by talking about Crocodile Hunter and how his always getting so close to danger led to his death. Then I used 4 passages in the New Testament that speaks of things we should "Flee". That is "Flee sexual immorality(1 Cor. 6:18), flee youthful lusts(2 Tim 2:22), Flee these things(1 Tim 6:11), and 'flea'(sp)idolatry"(1 Cor.10:14).Yes, "Flea" is what I put on my beloved powerpoint. Kim about had a come apart, along with Rachel Garrison and some others. Kim kidded me about it and even left a note on my blog.
Well, Kim had an appointment with Dr. Williams, the same doctor I have used for years, an hour and a half after I had one on Tuesday. He is a fine man with a great sense of humor and delighted in helping me with this little practical joke. I told him that Kim would take it well, and she did, after realizing just what was going on, and no, that she did not have "fleas".
The moral of the story- "Don't mess with the preacher's "fleas", please." If the spell checker didn't catch them, neither should you." Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Just remember, in the end Kim will have the ultimate say in the nursing home you wind up at one day. And...she used to work at Beverly Health Care Hueytown.

    ReplyDelete